Wednesday 4 September 2013

Welcome Back


Welcome back!

Did ya miss me?  Huh? Huh?

What can I say?  I have to be honest and say that I missed you all dearly and I am truthfully looking forward to the beginning of classes.

Let's see......   Start of the year stuff.


A NOTE TO ALL GR.11'S WHO ARE TAKING BAND OR WHO WANTED TO TAKE BAND.

There seems to be a pretty big conflict with band and a variety of classes.  We are working on a solution, come see me IMMEDIATELY- especially if you registered for band but it is not on your timetable. 


Please take your own personal instruments to the large ensemble room (previously known as the surf club) for the first few weeks until I get all of the rentals settled.

Speaking of rentals, we are piloting a new payment system at Westwood and I will no need a cheque to rent your instrument this year.  Consequently, I will be giving out instruments and talking about payment later.

Jazz Schedule:  There seems to be some confusion about Jazz Band.  Jr. Jazz meets on 2,4,6 at period 4 (lunch) and Intermediate Jazz meets on days 1,3, 5 during period 4 (lunch).

Sr. Jazz will start on the 10th at 7:30 a.m. sharp - plan to be there for 7:15 a.m.








Playing a musical instrument good for brain health

  The study found playing keyboard instruments was particularly beneficial for brain health Playing a musical instrument or singing could he...