Thursday 4 September 2014

The rumours of my demise were highly overrated


Welcome back!

Did ya miss me?  Huh? Huh?

What can I say?  I have to be honest and say that I missed you all dearly and I am truthfully looking forward to the beginning of classes.

Let's see......   Start of the year stuff.

A NOTE TO ALL 

If you are experiencing a conflict with band and your timetable, come see me IMMEDIATELY and we can discuss possible solutions.


Please take your own personal instruments to the "Shew" Room (large ensemble room)  for the first few weeks until I get all of the rentals settled.

Speaking of rentals,  I will not need a cheque to rent your instrument this year - similar to last year.  All payments will be made on-line.  More info to follow.

Jazz Schedule:  There seems to be some confusion about Jazz Band.  Jr. Jazz meets on 2,4,6 at period 4 (lunch) and Intermediate Jazz meets on days 1,3, 5 during period 4 (lunch).

Sr. Jazz will start on the 11th at 7:30 a.m. sharp - plan to be there for 7:15 a.m.

As well, if you want to stay abreast of all the "goings-on" in the band program you should be following us on Twitter and Instagram - @bandatwestwood or click on the links to the left.  That way you will be one of the "cool" kids in the know.

Playing a musical instrument good for brain health

  The study found playing keyboard instruments was particularly beneficial for brain health Playing a musical instrument or singing could he...