Announcing the 2015 Honour Jazz Bands (2.0)
The Winnipeg Jazz Orchestra and Jazz Winnipeg are pleased to re-announce the2015 Manitoba Honour Jazz Bands (MHJB) program. The MHJB program will rehearse June 6, 19 & 20 with a final concert on June 21 as part of the 2015 TD Winnipeg International Jazz Festival. There will be three auditioned bands led by some of Manitoba’s finest jazz educators:
• Junior (1 – 2 years jazz experience): Neil Watson, director
• Intermediate (3 – 4 years jazz experience): Jon Gordon, director
• Senior (4 – 5+ years jazz experience): Richard Gillis, director
Audition materials and instructions are online at www.winnipegjazzorchestra.com/mhjbMaterials include improv, bebop and blues components*.
Audition Deadline: May 25, 2015 (10:00pm CST)
Results Announced: May 27, 2015
Auditions will be accepted in the following ways:
• In-school live-recording sessions held by a MHJB representative. Please contact Richard Gillis at Richard.Gillis@umanitoba.ca if you have 4 or more students who are interested in a live-recorded audition and we are happy to schedule an in-school session at your school.
• Online submission at www.winnipegjazzorchestra.com/mhjb
• Physical submission to: 121 Cathedral Avenue, Winnipeg, MB R2W 0W7 (must be received by deadline).
Please encourage your students to audition for this exciting opportunity!