Sunday 20 November 2016

On My Way Back

To all of you who have been wondering about my departure, I thought it was time to break the silence and let you know that I am doing much better and I am on what I feel is a very good path towards recovery.

Earlier this summer I started noticing some pains in my body that I could not account for.  This escalated to the point where I started to lose the use of my arms; which ultimately led to my departure, as I could no longer do my job.

Under several doctors care and after many appointments, I was diagnosed with a severe form of tendinopathy which ultimately spread, at one point, through my whole body.

I am now beginning to do many of the things I used to do and we anticipate that I will return to Westwood (my second family) on December 5th.

I would like to thank Mr. Walden who has stepped in without hesitation to ensure that the band program keeps moving forward. And, I would also like to acknowledge the unwavering support of Mr. Dueck.

I also want to thank all of you who have sent private messages and have stood by without truly knowing what was going on. Your: calls, texts, emails and cards have been great sources of strength.

See you soon.

Miss you lots.

Mr. E

Playing a musical instrument good for brain health

  The study found playing keyboard instruments was particularly beneficial for brain health Playing a musical instrument or singing could he...