Here's the plan:
2. All jacket orders have gone in and we are doing out best to get them here by Christmas; however, due to the delay in the samples driving, it is most likely that the order will arrive sometime during our break; your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated.
3. As one of my colleagues used to tell his students, MERRY QUIZZMAS! Yes, my gift to you, playing tests are coming to a band near you and will begin this week and wrap up next week. After looking through numerous pieces, the band have all selected their music for concert and the playing tests will be exclusively on this music. Jr. Jazz: Romancing the Chili Pepper, Caldonia and Better Get it in Your Soul. Inter Jazz: Stuck in a Groove, Charleston Shuffle and Chili Today,Hot Tamale. Sr. Jazz: One More and Chain Reaction. 9 CB: Cumberland Cross and Hyperdrive. 10CB: Danzon and Tricycle. Symphonic Band: Prelude, Siciliano and Rondo as well as Mambo.
4. Last Sr. Jazz breakfast this year will be on the 18th - hosted by Mr. Edwards.
We believe that you have to look good to play well. In addition, we like our uniform as it allows for the opportunity for it to be worn outside of the concert setting.
Men: Dark suit or Sports Jacket and Dark pants, tie, matching dark socks and dress shoes.
Ladies: Dress [leaning towards the summer dress style and not the formal ball gown type], matching dress shoes. As a reminder, a dress is a one-piece outfit and not a skirt and a top.
Please be forewarned that we take our uniform VERY SERIOUSLY at Westwood, and any student that shows up to a concert without the above mentioned uniform will not be permitted to play until they are dressed appropriately. In addition, if the student fails to change into the proper uniform, they will receive an “Incomplete” standing for their performance. We take the uniform very seriously and consequently students who show up to concerts without the proper uniform will be sent home to change or not be permitted to perform.
Do not hesitate to contact Mr. Edwards if you have any questions.
7. Rock the Halls will be happening on the 19th. If you are a member of a band and would like to participate contact the office and find out what's involved. This is a great opportunity to share your talents with the school.
8. Lastly, just a reminder that you want to complete your sectionals before winter break to was your pain in January. Cut off date for sectional #2 and Self-Assessment #2 is January 19th.